SEO ActionsMay 16, 2017 8:27 am
Just a few years ago, businesses were ahead if they had their own website and were finding leads online. In 2017, most companies are online and if your company is not hard at work at improving SEO for your modern and easy-to-navigate website, then it may be floundering or worse, failing. Search Engine Optimization – SEO – is the best way to help people find your company and become loyal customers.
Google, Yahoo and Bing, the top search engines, have specific algorithms to calculate where your company ranks when search parameters are entered. Unfortunately, these parameters change and evolve, so staying on top of your SEO plan is critical. Here are a few tips to help keep your business SEO plan on track!
- Content – For years we have heard that content is king. When it comes to SEO, relevant content is key to increasing your ranking. When you provide useful content, visitors tend to stay longer on your website to consume the information and therefore increase the “on site” time. Regularly updated content whether it is a blog, newsletter or How-To videos are viewed as one of the best indicators of a site’s relevancy.
- Keywords – Placement of relevant and useful keywords throughout the website is perhaps one of the most important SEO tactics. Use online and Google tools to determine what words someone would use to conduct a search to find your specific service or product.
- Page Load Speed – We have all been there waiting for a page to load and decide to move on to another page because it was taking too long. Even just a few seconds can mean losing a visitor. There are many ways to increase page load speed, some of which include using a caching plug-ins, making sure the code is clean and streamlined, optimizing image sizes, reducing the number of plug-ins, and minimizing redirects.
- Links – To make your content more useful and relevant, you can link out to authority sites for more in-depth information your readers can use. Don’t forget to continue to maintain a list of links to directories associated with your industry.
- Tags – Use header tags and others ways to organize the information on your website so that it is easy to navigate.