The enabling legislation requires that the SSUAC shall be governed by a board of thirteen appointed directors:
– four appointed by the Board of Trustees of the University
– three appointed by the Governor (at least one shall be a person experienced in financial aspects of real estate development and management, at least one shall be a person experienced in planning, and at least one shall be a person experienced in college administration.
– one appointed by the Salem Chamber of Commerce
– one appointed by the Salem Partnership
– one shall be an individual representing the regional community and appointed by the President of the University
– one shall be the President of the University, ex officio
– one shall be the mayor of the City of Salem, ex officio, or his/her designee
– one shall be the planning director of the City of Salem
Board members serve a 3 year term. All members serve on a volunteer basis without monetary compensation for their service.