Boost Your Mobile StrategyJune 16, 2015 7:21 am
In 2008, Mary Meeker, an analyst at Kleiner Perkins Caufield Byers, who annually reviews technology trends, predicted that “Mobile will overtake fixed Internet access by 2014.” It is not hard to believe that the tipping point has finally arrived. As of 2014, more people globally were using mobile devices than using a desktop equivalent. In fact, if I was a betting person, I would wager that you are either reading this on your mobile device or, at the very least, have your mobile phone, tablet, or watch right with you currently. The statistics are certainly in my favor with 1.6 billion mobile user globally.
Armed with this information, business owners and marketing specialists are no longer asking the question if mobile advertising is important but rather how to understand consumer’s behavior on their mobile devices in order to formulate a successful mobile advertising strategy. If your mobile strategy needs a boost, here are a few tips to help develop and strengthen your mobile marketing strategy.
- Keyword strengthening – While most business people recognize this strategy as being in line with content management, it is just as important when dealing with mobile marketing. Advice from Entrepreneur online includes making sure that, “you include the local area in conjunction with your keywords, since mobile customers are typically searching locally. Remember to keep your keyword phrases small, utilizing no more than three.”
- Use special offers – With hundreds of apps and product/service emails being sent daily, it is important to catch the eye of your consumer. Among the best ways to do this is including sales and special offers first on your mobile site. Then, Include an opt-in that allows your users to receive alerts when you have new offers. This can help boost your response rates even further. They can always unsubscribe but chances are they will want to be made aware of special deals coming down the pike.
- Include contact and links to maps – Given that so many people search their mobile devices for services and products, it is critical to include a mapping option and email/phone number options on your mobile site clearly displayed. Last year 60% of shoppers report having searched deals on their mobile device while shopping on Black Friday. If a consumer finds a better deal they can easily click on a mapping option and find their way to your establishment!
- Integrate social media to your mobile site – According to First Data, an online payment system provider, 81 percent of smartphone users check social media to read reviews before making a purchase. Marketers who have integrated their mobile program with customer reviews and social media sharing buttons for Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest are reaping the rewards.
- Design a smart site – Responsive design allows businesses to craft a site that allow for optimal viewing across a wide range of devices. Make it easy for your customers to not only find you with important keywords, but also for them to navigate your mobile site regardless of the product they are using.