Measuring your Social Media SuccessOctober 26, 2016 10:22 am
Social networks and blogs continue to dominate Americans’ lives according to a recent Nielsen report on social media. Knowing this, your marketing department is on-the-ball and has been keeping up with posting on many of the social media platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Houzz, Snap Chat, and Pinterest. But this takes a lot of time and energy. So, how do you know which platform, or posts are driving the most traffic to your website? And which of those are being converted into leads as a direct result of your social media efforts? Here are a few suggestions on how to measure and analyze the impact of those social media efforts.
- Google Analytics – Google Analytics is a great way of identifying which social media sites send the most traffic to your website. More importantly, it will help to determine which platform needs more attention. Within a matter of minutes, you can have Google Analytics set up to tell you, among other things, the number of daily visits to your site, the demographics of your users, how they got to your site, how long they stay, and which of your pieces of content are most and least popular.
- Facebook Insights – This tool provides detailed information on Likes, reach, visits, video and people. One of its really cool features is the Posts tab, which allows you to understand when your audience is most active, displaying info by day and time.
- Hootsuite – While Hootsuite is primarily a Social Media Management tool, it can also give you great analytics. Since Hootsuite allows companies to track and post all of their social media sites in one convenient dashboard, it makes it easy to also see the data from each and how each compares.
- Tweriod – Similar to Facebook Insight’s function, Tweriod is a free Twitter tool that helps you get the most out of the platform by letting you know the best time to Tweet. Simply sign up with your business Twitter account and enter the email address to where you want the reports sent to.
- SocialMention is a simple but effective free tool to track the reach of keywords (or mentions) used in your social media campaigns. You can set email alerts for keywords specific to your social media marketing campaign that you need to track across the entire social media web.