Driving Traffic to your WebsiteApril 15, 2015 9:48 am
Ask any business owner, regardless if their company is large or small, new or well-established, what they would like most for their company and a majority will answer “more customers.” In this data driven world we live in that means driving more customers to your website to find out about your product or services. What are some of the best strategies to increase traffic to your website and thus generate more sales?
We went in search of creative and actionable ways that your company can drive more traffic to your website. Research done by Forbes, Entrepreneur and Google show some methods/suggestions that may help your marketing department seek out your targeted audience and get them to your site.
- Advertising – It may seem like an obvious answer, but paid searches, display advertising and social media advertising are excellent ways to attract visitors to your site and build brand awareness. Check out Google AdWords for Pay-Per-Click advertising, where your company can: set an advertising budget, target ads to customers in certain countries, regions or cities – or within a set distance from your business or store and reach the right people at the right time.
- Get Social – Start a Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or other social media link to your homepage. Use social media channels to promote your content. If you have a niche specific product, you may be able to capture your audience on social media then link them back to your main page. The more places your brand appears, the more customers will begin to recognize your business.
- Focus on Long-Tailed Keywords – Single keywords are quickly becoming a thing of the past. Make sure your posts include all the relevant terms and phrases related to your topic. For help finding and writing these long-tailed keywords read more at Long-Tailed Keywords, as suggested by Forbes.
- Headlines – Headlines are one of the most important parts of your content. Your headlines are what will get people in the door, particularly when you share your blog posts via social media. For great ideas on writing irresistible headlines read more.
- Link Building – Finding and registering your company with free directories (called Link Building) is one of the many methods used in Search Engine Optimization (SEO). The stronger and more valid your links, the more the search engines will recognize your site. Ask parallel or partner companies to link to your website to build even stronger links.
- Quality Content – We have all heard that Content is King so produce quality and dynamic content regularly to get your company noticed by the search engines. Search engines are rewarding people and companies who are getting high-quality, consistent content coming from them. Update blogs, videos and images regularly to maximize the value of your content.
- Interact- Connect with customers via posts or online reviews. Answer and comment to all who comment or critique your business. Remember there are people waiting to see how you handle yourself even in the face of a bad online review.