The 2019 Business Plan Competition will support businesses that meet the following criteria:
- Start-up businesses that are less than three years old (including those not yet operational) and early stage growth businesses may apply.
- Growth companies that are older than three years may apply IF they are developing growth through a new product, service line, expansion or implementation of a new strategic plan. Growth trajectory MUST be clear to be eligible.
- Applicants must be located in or must relocate to one of 30 cities and towns that make up the North Shore.*
- If the business plan is for a startup business, that business must commit to locating in one of 30 cities and towns that make up the North Shore.*
- Business must have plans to grow the equivalent of at least 5 full-time employees (FTEs) in addition to the founders or existing workforce within three years.
- Your business idea must be original work that you will be fully able to disclose.
- Any non-venture funded business is eligible.
- Businesses with existing professional venture investment are not eligible.
- Non-profit organizations are not eligible.
*Amesbury * Beverly * Boxford * Danvers * Essex * Georgetown * Gloucester * Groveland * Hamilton* Ipswich* Lynn* Lynnfield* Manchester by the Sea* Marblehead * Middleton * Nahant * Newbury * Newburyport * Peabody * Revere * Rockport* Rowley * Salem * Salisbury * Saugus * Swampscott * Topsfield * Wenham * West Newbury * Winthrop
COMPETITION DEADLINE: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 no later than 5 PM. There will be no exceptions.
Questions? Please contact Noreen Hazelton at (978) 542-7576 or firstname.lastname@example.org