Value of Videos for Business
If a picture is worth a thousand words then what must the value of a video be for business? Statistics show compelling evidence that videos are an area that marketing experts can not ignore. According to Video Brewery. . .
- 100 million internet users watch a video that is business related daily.
- 90% of consumers found watching a video helpful in understanding a product or service better.
These numbers should hopefully convince you that adding video to your website can only be a positive for your company. If you need more convincing, here are some more benefits of videos for business.
- Persuasion – 80% of people who watch a video about a product or service say they are more likely then to buy it. Video has the power of persuasion that words alone do not have. According to Wire Buzz, video caters to the brain’s visual and auditory systems, picking up on cues like body language, facial expressions, imagery and music. This elicits an emotional bond that will influence a person’s choices and actions.
- Trust and Credibility – When a consumer watches a video, they make a connection to the business that can not be made over the phone, in an email or in an advertisement. There’s something about seeing a person that connects us on a human level. In a way, watching a video about your business is forming a relationship with you and your brand.
- SEO and Video – Search engines are looking for signs that your content is engaging to determine if it is worth a high ranking. Blogging, dynamic content and of course, video are ways of signalling to the search engine that your page is active and engaged with the consumer. This in turn boosts your search engine results!
- Ease of production – Making a video, whether it is introducing a new product, announcing a sale or new offer, or just showing the proper use of a product in a “how-to” can be as easy as aiming your iphone and pressing play. While many companies hire professionals to produce their videos, “homemade” videos created right in the office can be just as persuasive and show off the inner workings of your business more than a production set can.
- Shares! – One last thing to think about when considering making videos for your business website is that each video can be shared repeatedly with other consumers.