Top 5 Ways to Gauge Search Engine Results
Understanding the Google Search Results Page (SERP) is like trying to navigate the Atlantic Ocean without a map; there are so many new updates and algorithm changes you must stay on top of in order to surpass your competitors. Here are 5 tips on bettering your Search Engine Marketing:
- Bounce Rate – Get an understanding of what it means to have a high and low bounce rate, and which one you should strive to attain. For example, single-page websites, like blogs, typically have a higher bounce rate than those with many pages within the site. If you’re looking to lower the bounce rate of your site, you should first look at your bounce rate from different angles. A healthy bounce rate for search ads is between 30-40%, and between 70-80% for display ads. Find out which one your website is and how you can attain those recommended bounce rates.
- The Importance of SEO Page rank – To start, attaining a first-page ranking status is important because it makes your site more visible to people who search for your product or service. This usually means that your website will get more traffic than other sites with a lower ranking. The higher your website ranks in a search engine, like Google, the more traffic your website will receive, so you should aim to be #1 in Google search results. This, however, is easier said than done. Another key factor is how relevant your keywords are. Some keywords perform better than others, so take the time to carefully consider which keywords you want to use.
- Is your Google My Business Listing Up-To-Date? – Google My Business is where you can create and manage your business listing(s) in the [Google] search engine. When users search for your business, a box will show up on the right side of the screen which displays the most relevant search result. The box features the name of the business, the location, telephone number(s), hours of operation, and even Google reviews from customers and clients who have had experience with that business. It is essential to keep this information up-to-date and accurate so that your business can be featured as the most relevant search result.
- Audience & Traffic in your Target Market – The ability to reach your target market is essential to keeping up with the current marketing strategies. A good practice to ensure you’re appealing to the right audience is to do some research and understand who in the community can benefit from your product or service. It is wise to create appealing content, content that gets people interested in what you have to offer. Another modern idea is to include multimedia – graphics, visuals, and videos – with your content. Research has shown that users are able to retain more information with the help of visual aids.
- Enhance User Experience (UX) – User experience will be a determining factor in your website’s bounce rate. If your website is too flashy or too complicated to use, users will be ultimately turned off, increasing your bounce rate. Your website should be intuitive enough so that visitors can navigate easily, yet have some personality, flair, and pizzazz so that people enjoy the time they spend on your website.
You should also strive to make your content mobile-friendly. This ties together the above-mentioned strategies to give your website a competitive edge in the fight to rank highest in search engine results.