Kick off the New (Business) Year Right!
Making resolutions for the new year is a time honored tradition in our society. We resolve to eat better, exercise more and spend more quality time with family. Sometimes we succeed at these things and sometimes we don’t. While making personal goals are a great way to kick off the New Year, so is making a list of your business goals for 2016. Stumped as to where to begin? Here are some great ideas to start 2016, organized and on target.
- Set targets for each week, month or quarter. Organize the goals into long and short term including prioritizing them into categories.
- Start the year off with a positive attitude. Put forth a can-do attitude and you may find that it is contagious.
- Invest in the right employees. Find employees that are talented and reward them for their efforts regularly. Even small tokens can go a long way to creating loyal employees. Remember it is easier to maintain good employees than train a new one.
- Create accountability. Hold meetings that ask for updates on how projects are going and any problems the group is having.
- Invest in education. Allow employees and managers alike to continue learning next year. Technology is constantly changing and workers need to keep up with all the changes.
- Get your office organized. Ask staff to help with what they see as issues with organization or redundancies. Then, supply methods for solving disorganization in the office.
- Challenge Yourself. Come up with larger goals to see what you can do. The sky is the limit.
- Review your bottom line. Where are you spending too much or not enough? Seek a professional’s opinion.
- Check in with staff and clients to see where your company can grow or improve over the next year.
- Plan ahead. Part of your day should always be to look ahead and see what is next on the horizon whether it is in the tech arena or in the marketing field. Stay on top of your game by reading competitor websites and publications.