- This event has passed.
Writing for the Web and Social Media (4 Sessions)
January 21 – February 11, 2016
6:00 – 8:00 pm
Social Media and digital tools have completely transformed the way that people communicate with each other, and the way that we receive and consume information. Whether you want to establishing a voice on Facebook, send up-to-the minute updates on Twitter or analyze current events on a blog, the web and social media offer huge potential to professionals to become thought leaders in their field and to market their products. In this highly interactive course, you will learn how to cut through the clutter and the noise on the web in order to get heard. NOTE: This course focuses primarily on content writing and editing, not specific web technologies.
Through participation in this course, we will:
• Identify your key goals for using the web and social media;
• Learn how to craft posts for various social media channels;
• Identify which web and social media channels are most appropriate to implement based on your goals, your capacity, and your budget;
• Develop a content writing strategy and checklists for success;
• Discuss mobile technologies and how to communicate via mobile;
• Learn how to measure your efforts and ROI (return on investment);
• Explore time-saving tricks and tools to manage overwhelm.
January 21, 2016 – Getting Started with the Web and Social Media
• To learn the specific ways in which social media and the web have revolutionized communications
• To identify the components and characteristics of a great website
• To learn how to write for increased SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
• To create a strategy for your web and social media communications
• To draft a content calendar
January 28, 2016 – Using Email and Blogs
• To learn the components and characteristics of a great email marketing campaign
• To learn the components and characteristics of a successful blog
• To create a strategy to write and share stories that compel people to take action
• To review best practices and examples from the field
February 4, 2016 – Writing for Social Media Success
• To comprehensively review three of the top social media sites: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn (we will review others as requested and as time allows)
• To learn ways to build an engaged community through great writing and content
• To learn the formula for finding success on social media – why people share content and what spurs people to action
• To learn ways to promote yourself authentically using these channels
• To review practices and examples from the field
February 11, 2016 – Measuring Results
• To review tools and tricks to help with overwhelm, and to make you more effective and efficient
• To learn about measuring ROI (return on investment) and important metrics to consider
• To review what we have learned in the previous three sessions
NOTE: This class meets for 4 sessions, January 21 – February 11, 2016, from 6 – 8 pm. A parking permit will be emailed to you before the first class meeting.
Register Now! $225.00
Julia Campbell has a long history of helping nonprofits find success online. After 10 years in the nonprofit sector as a development director and marketing coordinator, she founded J Campbell Social Marketing, a boutique digital marketing agency based in Beverly, MA.
Julia received her degree in Journalism & Communications from Boston University and earned a Master in Public Administration from Old Dominion University as well as a Certificate in Nonprofit Management from Tidewater Community College.
A Beverly native, a Returned Peace Corps Volunteer, a mother and a social media marketing specialist, Julia helps nonprofits connect with supporters by effectively harnessing the power and potential of online marketing and social media tools.
Julia’s clients include small community-based nonprofits and large universities. She also offers one-on-one coaching sessions, group seminars and college courses. Her blog was named one of the Top 150 Nonprofit Blogs in the world and she is included in the Top 40 Digital Strategists in Marketing for 2014.
Julia has been featured on Maximize Social Business, About.com, MarketWatch, Alltop, Salon, Social Media Today, Forbes and Business 2 Community.
J Campbell Social Marketing: Marketing With Social Purpose
The [ticket] holder consents to the use of his or her image, likeness, actions and statements in connection with any recorded audio, photograph, video or other publication of the event.
Solving Business Problems with Podcasts (In-Person Workshop)
Thu, Apr. 13, 2023 - 8:30am - 10:00am