- This event has passed.
Sales Training Basics
(This class is also part of the Sales management Skills Certificate Program)
Friday, October 6, 2017
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
The Enterprise Center at Salem State University
In this program, you’ll explore the psychology of selling, questioning techniques, closing a sale, telephone selling, and more. Through a series of lively exercises and case study’s, you’ll learn techniques of selling and the importance of a positive attitude and self-image.
Part 1: Attitude and Selling Success
- Two Ways to Go
- Case 1: A Decision for Ramona
- What Can Success in Selling Do for You?
- Your Attitude Is Showing
- Characteristics of Successful Salespeople
- Case 2: Will Joe Survive?
- The Psychology of Selling
Part 2: How to Play the Selling Game
- Selling Is Like Playing Baseball
- Tips on How to Get to First Base
- Get to Second Base: A Professional Presentation
- Case 3: Who Made the Sale?
- Make the Move to Third
- Case 4: Who Will Be Most Successful?
- Getting Home: How to Close the Sale
- Case 5: Who Closed the Sale?
Part 3: Back to Basics
- Some Thoughts on Selling in Tough Times
- Little Things That Count
- Selling Via the Telephone
- Selling Occupations Pay Off in Many Ways
- Case 6: Wendy the Waitress
- Selling and Time Management
- Case 7: Who Will Win The Trip to Hawaii?
- Reward Yourself
- Looking Ahead
NOTE: Download a parking permit when you register. Print the permit and display it on your dashboard.
REFUND POLICY: 100% refund before the first class meeting. 50% before the second class meeting. No refunds after the second class meeting. In the case of a Salem State Online class, 100% refund before the scheduled start date. No refunds once the Salem State Online class begins. For all other online classes (Gatlin, Ed2go, or MindEdge, no refunds of any kind will be issued). Please call Andrea DiVirgilio at 978-542-6302 for more information.
The [ticket] holder consents to the use of his or her image, likeness, actions and statements in connection with any recorded audio, photograph, video or other publication of the event.