Present with Power: Presentation Skills
Tuesdays/Thursdays, March 6-22, 2018
7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Salem State University – Bertolon Classroom Building
The ability to create and deliver presentations in a compelling, interesting way is a critical skill for everyone, regardless of job role and tenure. In this highly interactive, intensive course you will learn practical tips and techniques that you can use immediately to improve your performance. You will create a mini-presentation and an elevator pitch and practice them out loud. In addition, you will have the opportunity to videotape each presentation and receive 1:1 expert coaching and feedback.
The presentation skills class size is kept small, 10 participants maximum, to foster a supportive environment to allow for maximum engagement and learning.
What you will cover:
- Tools to aid in developing your key messages
- How to analyze your audience
- Gain the audience’s attention and keep it
- Incorporate stories to create an emotional connection
- Using visuals and supporting material
- Leverage verbal and nonverbal skills
- Handle stress and anxiety
- Anticipate and field tough questions and situations
During the class, you will do the following:
- Create your introduction, a mini presentation and an elevator pitch
- Share presentations with peers and the entire class
- Be videotaped and receive coaching and feedback.
NOTE: A Parking Permit will be emailed to you the day before the class begins.
REFUND POLICY: 100% refund before the first class meeting; 50% before the second class meeting. No refunds after the second class meeting.
In the case of a Salem State Online class, 100% refund before the scheduled start date. No refunds once the Salem State Online class begins. For all other online classes (Gatlin, Ed2go, or MindEdge) no refunds of any kind will be issued). Please call Andrea DiVirgilio at 978-542-6302 for more information.