Designed for the nonprofit or education professional, associate or staff member who wishes to gain skills related to strong grantsmanship, this course takes participants from the beginning of the grants process including reviewing your own organization for its grant-readiness, through to follow up of a submitted grant request.
Participants may come with a specific project in mind or develop a sample during the course.
Course objectives include:
- Evaluating your organization for grant readiness
- Researching prospective funders: foundations, corporations, federal and state prospects
- Understanding the different funding sources, their requirements, motivations and review processes
- Reviewing Grant Guidelines, RFPs and RFQs
- Determining appropriate outcome measures; documenting and tracking them
- Developing a proposal template; components of proposal
- Using support materials to support your proposal – data, prior history, other funding
- Complete proposal review before submission
- Pre- and post-submission contact with potential funders
- What to do if the answer is yes! What to do if it is no.
- Refining your approach based upon funder feedback.
NOTE: This is an online program. Once you are registered, you will be receive login information by email.
REFUND POLICY: 100% refund before the first class meeting. 50% before the second class meeting. No refunds after the second class meeting. In the case of a Salem State Online class, 100% refund before the scheduled start date. No refunds once the Salem State Online class begins. For all other online classes (Gatline, Ed2go, or MindEdge, no refunds of any kind will be issued). Please call Andrea Swirka at 978-542-6302 for more information.