- This event has passed.
(This class is also part of the Human Resource Skills Certificate Program)
Friday, December 1, 2017
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
The Enterprise Center at Salem State University
Once you’ve hired them, how do you keep them?
Companies of all sizes are finding an urgent new priority–keeping employees. This one-day program takes the participant through the critical ideas of employee retention using what is called the Three “Rs” of Employee Retention–Respect, Recognition, and Rewards–as the basis for any program designed to keep people around.
- Keeping Employees–and Keeping Them Satisfied
- The Importance of Retaining Employees
- Finding and Keeping Employees: The Challenges
- The Three Rs of Employee Retention
- The Essential Ingredient of a Hard-to-Leave Workplace
- Rule 1: Be Considerate
- Rule 2: Care About Employees as Individuals, Appreciating Their Unique Strengths
- Rule 3: Always Be Fair
- Rule 4: Trust Your Employees
- Rule 5: Be Worthy of Trust
- Rule 6: Involve Employees
- Rule 7: Make the Workplace Pleasant and Safe
- Summary: Reviewing the Rules of Respect
- Redefining Recognition
- Acknowledging Employees
- Formal Acknowledgment
- Feedback Matters!
- Fostering Communication
- Acknowledging Workplace Transitions
- Enabling Professional Growth
- Evaluating Performance
- Summary: Recognition: Mastering the Basics
- Types of Rewards
- Fostering Retention Through Quality-of-Life Rewards
- Enriching the Workplace
- Creating a Fun Workplace
- Celebrating in the Workplace
- About Compensation
- Summary: Recognizing the Right Type of Reward
- You Can Make a Great Place to Work!
- You Are the Key
- Getting Started Means Getting Feedback
- Making Your Game Plan
NOTE: Download a parking permit when you register. Print the permit and display it on your dashboard.
REFUND POLICY: 100% refund before the first class meeting. 50% before the second class meeting. No refunds after the second class meeting. In the case of a Salem State Online class, 100% refund before the scheduled start date. No refunds once the Salem State Online class begins. For all other online classes (Gatlin, Ed2go, or MindEdge, no refunds of any kind will be issued). Please call Andrea DiVirgilio at 978-542-6302 for more information.
The [ticket] holder consents to the use of his or her image, likeness, actions and statements in connection with any recorded audio, photograph, video or other publication of the event.