Chances are that if you own a business website, you also have links to social media or at least some presence on one or more of the social media platforms. Facebook, Twitter and LInkedIn are the common choices for many small and medium sized businesses. Have you considered Pinterest? Here are a few compelling statistics that may sway your social media choices.
- Pinterest has 150 million users as of January 23rd of this year. Seventy million of them are in the United States. That is a lot of traffic that could be seeing your products and ideas.
- Millennials use this social media platform as much as Instagram so if your target audience is in the age bracket consider becoming a pinner and poster.
- 87% of Pinners have purchased a product because of Pinterest.
- 93% of active Pinners said they use Pinterest to plan for purchases and 87% said they’ve purchased something because of Pinterest.
- What’s unique about this mode of communication compared to most social media websites, is that it reduces the number of steps from discovery to conversion. This means that visitors from Pinterest convert into leads or sales faster than from other social media sources.
- About 95% of the images were either pinned or re-pinned from the web which means you are building valuable links to your site daily.
- The half-life of a pin is 1,600 times longer than a Facebook post.
- The average pinner user spends 14.2 minutes pinning every time they log in.
Convinced? Check it out and see how it can work for your business at PinterestBusiness.