Top Project Management SystemsJune 17, 2015 8:33 am
If your business is like so many others, you probably have multiple projects in the works simultaneously. How do you keep all team members informed? How is the project broken down into manageable parts? Every project you work on needs a timeline that includes calendars, a road map to completion, and a listing of sub-projects with the priority level of each one. Finding the right Project Management System for your company may be just the right thing for your growing workload. Let’s look at some of the top Project Management Systems and find out what makes them so successful.
Project management software has the capacity to help plan, organize, and manage resources for your entire team whether they operate remotely or in the office. Depending upon the software that you choose, it can manage: time allocation, budget resources, communication abilities, link project files, and make decision making easier when breaking down a project into smaller parts. Floow the links for more specifc tools for each system.
- Basecamp – One of the more popular project management tools is Basecamp by 37Signals. This is a a company which believes that less is more, Basecamp focuses on communication between users to achieve optimum performance. It allows for work to be divvied up easily between the right members of a group. When it comes to file sharing, Basecamp supports every popular file formats, ranging from word documents to images to any file type. When it comes to revisions, uploaded files with the same file name will not overwrite existing files, and the older file will be archived so that people can see what changes have been made. For uploaded images, users get to preview it first before downloading the file. For over 10 years, millions have relied on Basecamp to help them get their projects done on time, on budget, and on point.
- Trello – Trello is fast, flexible, and even fun to use, and in minutes you’ll organize all of the components for your projects into columns and cards that are easy to drag around, add supporting details to, comment on, and assign from person to person on your team. You can create different boards for different projects, set due dates or times for each card or set of cards, and more.
- Liquid Planner – This project management tool is easy to use and extremely customizable to your unique projects. Liquid Planner is for businesses that need to stay disciplined in their planning and need a world class scheduling tool. It’s amazing tracking features can help you monitor the project at each step.
- Podio – Citrix Podio is the new way to organize, communicate and get work done. More than 500,000 organizations use Podio to run projects and company departments. This includes everyone from small growing companies using Podio to run their entire businesses to innovative teams in enterprises. Podio speeds communication and provides the transparency and accountability needed for efficient teamwork, by enabling people to organize and track work in one easy-to-use place.(Source: Review at Capterra)
- Merlin – Merlin Project is the leading professional project management software for Mac OS X. Developed by project managers for project managers, Merlin truly delivers in meeting your professional requirements.Merlin is recognized globally not only by its customers but with numerous industry awards. Merlin stands apart as the most professional tool for projects of all kinds on the Apple Macintosh.