The 2018 Business Plan Competition will support businesses that meet the following criteria:
1. Start-up businesses that are less than three years old (including those not yet operational) and early stage growth businesses may apply.
2. Growth companies that are older than three years may apply IF they are developing growth through a new product, service line, expansion or implementation of a new strategic plan. Growth trajectory MUST be clear to be eligible.
3. Applicants must be located in or must relocate to one of 30 cities and towns that make up the North Shore.*
4. If the business plan is for a startup business, that business must commit to locating in one of 30 cities and towns that make up the North Shore.*
5. Business must have plans to grow the equivalent of at least 5 full-time employees (FTEs) in addition to the founders or existing workforce within three years.
6. Your business idea must be original work that you will be fully able to disclose.
7. Any non-venture funded business is eligible.
8. Businesses with existing professional venture investment are not eligible.
9. Non-profit organizations are not eligible.
*Amesbury * Beverly * Boxford * Danvers * Essex * Georgetown * Gloucester * Groveland * Hamilton* Ipswich* Lynn* Lynnfield* Manchester by the Sea* Marblehead * Middleton * Nahant * Newbury * Newburyport * Peabody * Revere * Rockport* Rowley * Salem * Salisbury * Saugus * Swampscott * Topsfield * Wenham * West Newbury * Winthrop
COMPETITION DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 no later than 12:00 noon. There will be no exceptions.
Questions? Please contact Noreen Hazelton at (978) 542-7576 or email@example.com