Every participant must submit a 5-part application, which includes:
1) Entry Form
2) 2-5 page Executive Summary
3) 1-3 pages of financial data and assumptions, including anticipated profitability (revenues minus expenses) and projected capital investment needs for three years.
4) 1-minute video presentation
5) Electronic acceptance of Participation Agreement
More detailed descriptions of the business plan elements are shown below.
General Submission Guidelines:
- Applicants may use their own cover page with company logo, tag line, etc.
- Please use a font size between 10 and 12 point.
- The Enterprise Center recommends that you use one of the following font styles: Times New Roman, Arial, Helvetica, or Garamond.
- Margins should be no less than .75 inches, not including header and footer.
- Please number all pages, including the first page.
- Please include your business concept name as a header or footer on all the pages.
- Applicants must submit their entry in a PDF format.
1) The Entry Form:
Applicants must complete all required fields of the Entry Form.
Entry Form will be available soon!
2) The Executive Summary:
The Executive Summary should pique the reader’s interest. It cannot be longer than five pages and must include the following elements:
- A summary of the business concept.
- A description of the overall product or service being offered and the need it addresses.
- A short statement about the competitive advantages of the business.
- An analysis of the overall market or industry including
o The specific market segment addressed by the product/service and approximate size.
o Critical factors that have an impact on the industry, e.g., government regulations, approvals, or licensing requirements.
- A brief description of the competition.
- Revenue/business model (how the business will generate revenue); and
The management team, including relevant experience.
3) Financial Documents:
- Financials should include the following:
Revenue projections, estimated operating costs and anticipated profitability over the first three to five years. By how much will your income exceed your expenses? At what point do you expect to break even? How profitable do you think you will be?
- An outline of capital investment needs and sources, i.e., how much money will you need, where you think you can obtain it and when you expect to need it.
- Please include your financial assumptions in these calculations.
Your video presentation can be no longer than one minute and should give the judges a sense of what your company is and why you deserve to win the competition. You may splice the video together, use a mix of photos or videos, or simply speak into the camera. Videos must be in .wav, .avi, .mp4 or .m4v format.
5) Participation Agreement:
All principals must read the participation agreement, check off the box at the end of the Application (will be available soon) that acknowledges that you have read it, and print the name of EACH principal who is entering the competition.
Questions? Please contact Susan Moulton: (978) 542-7576 or Smoulton@enterprisectr.org