Common Mistakes of Social Media
Social media is fast becoming a cost effective marketing tool that can help increase traffic to your website, give your company brand exposure and convert viewers into consumers. So if you are jumping on the social media bandwagon and don’t quite know what to do, here are a few tips of mistakes to avoid as you navigate the social media world.
- Failure to Make a Plan – Don’t just start tweeting, posting and pinning without having a plan. Knowing which social media platform is the best for your demographic is a good place to start. In addition your company should plan when and what to post. This may involve doing some serious research about who your target audience is as well what they will find valuable on social media.
- Failure to Interact – Many companies post on social media without interacting with followers or fans. Don’t miss this opportunity to respond and speak with your audience. Interactions can build valuable relationships so don’t miss out!
- Posting to No One – While it is great to have posts scheduled and visible on your page or wall, it is more important to grow your followers. If you are posting with no fans, then you are wasting your time and money.
- Having Incorrect Info on your Page – Have you updated your company profile lately? Chances are something has changed on the contact information that could cost you customers.
- Irregular Postings – Fans and followers tend to be creatures of habit. if they can anticipate when you will post whether it is weekly or daily then they are more likely to check in with your page. Postings should also include content that your readers will find meaningful, useful and valuable.